OldTools Archive

Recent Bios FAQ

275013 Matthew Groves <grovesthegrey@g...> 2022‑01‑01 bench froe? wood cleaver?
Howdy folks,

What are those tools called with which you use to baton small kindling or that
we’d use to make peg stock.

It’s very thick. Has an edge like a froe. Is not configured like a froe with
90deg handle, but is more like a narrower cleaver that you use a baton on the

What’s it called again? Can’t remember, and have poor google-fu.

I don’t have Kirk Eppler level skills. Or Darren Addy.

Happy New Year, too.

Matthew Groves
Springfield, MO

Recent Bios FAQ