- Named after last fall’s big project, a dog barn for our six dogs.
5-Jun-2014 – 6-Jun-2014
Recipe (for 5 gallons final volume)
|10||pounds||(91%)||Crisp Maris Otter Pale Malt|
|1||ounce||Liberty whole hops, 5% AA (first wort hop)|
|2||ounces||Liberty whole hops, 13% AA (60 minutes)|
|1||ounce||Liberty whole hops, 5% AA (1 minutes)|
- Wyeast 1098 British Ale, pitched at 68°F
- Starter: Pitched directly from smack pack.
- Aeration: Drill aerator for three minutes after pitching
- Fairbanks city water
- 43 quarts water treated with:
- 1 Campden tablet. Removes chlorine ion and chloramine, reduces oxidation
- 16.5 quarts mash water treated with:
- 2 ml 88% Lactic Acid.
- 16.5 quarts water @ 160°F, grist ratio of 1.5 quarts:pound @ 150°F (Held 105 minutes), 149°F at the end of the mash.
- 26.5 quarts water @ 177°F, drain
- Stuck once, should have done a two-batch sparge. Yielded 9.5 gallons of wort.
- Boiled 9.25 gallons for 180 minutes to yield 4.5 gallons wort
- Wort prepared Thurday afternoon, boiled the next day. First wort hops remained in the wort overnight. Lost half a gallon to boilover.
- Primary: glass, 7 days, 66°F
- Secondary: keg, 7 days, 66°F
- Topped off fermenter with 1/2 gallon water
- Kegged at 8 psi, 50°F (1.8 volumes CO2)
- Conditioned for 4 weeks
- Ready to drink on 18-Jul-2014
|Starting Gravity: 1.055||Final Gravity: 1.015|
|Original Extract: 13.8°plato||Apparent Extract: 3.82°plato|
|Real Extract: 5.71°plato|
|Alcohol: 5.4% by volume||(4.2% by weight)|
|Apparent Attenuation: 72.3%||Mash Efficiency: 70%|
|Bitterness: 40 IBU||Color: 10 SRM|
|BU:SG: 0.73||BV: 1.44|
Other Brewing pages:
|List of recipes||Equipment||Books||Brewery Research|