- A Belgian farmhouse ale named after the farm my parents owned in Penfield, New York.
Recipe (for 5 gallons final volume)
|5||pounds||(39%)||Briess 6-Row Malt (gap 0.7 mm)|
|5||pounds||(39%)||Crisp Maris Otter Pale Malt|
|1||ounce||Tettnanger pellet hops, 3.9% AA (first wort hop)|
|1||ounce||Northern Brewer pellet hops, 7.9% AA (60 minutes)|
|1||ounce||Tettnanger pellet hops, 3.9% AA (1 minute)|
|10||drops||Five Star Defoamer 105 (90 minutes)|
- Safbrew T-58, pitched at 63°F
- Starter: Yeast sprinkled directly onto wort.
- Aeration: Drill aerator for three minutes after pitching
- Fairbanks city water
- 38¾ quarts water treated with:
- 1 Campden tablet. Removes chlorine ion and chloramine, reduces oxidation
- 19½ quarts mash water treated with:
- 7 grams Gypsum.
- 3 ml 88% lactic acid. Probably too much acid for the amount of gypsum added.
- 19¼ quarts sparge water treated with:
- 3 ml 88% lactic acid.
- 19½ quarts water @ 157°F, grist ratio of 1.5 quarts:pound @ 151°F (Held 90 minutes), Strike water at 169°F, temperature range 151—147°F.
- 8½ quarts water @ 210°F, drain
- 10¾ quarts water @ 168°F, drain
- Boiled 8 gallons for 90 minutes to yield 5½ gallons wort
- Primary: bucket, 7 days, 63°F, Temperature peaked at 68°F.
- Secondary: keg, 28 days, 68°F, 1.020 at transfer.
- Kegged at 8 psi, 50°F (1.8 volumes CO2)
- Conditioned for 2 weeks
- Ready to drink on 19-Nov-2016
|Starting Gravity: 1.064||Final Gravity: 1.016|
|Original Extract: 15.7°plato||Apparent Extract: 4.1°plato|
|Real Extract: 6.31°plato|
|Alcohol: 6.3% by volume||(4.9% by weight)|
|Apparent Attenuation: 74.0%||Mash Efficiency: 67%|
|Bitterness: 31 IBU||Color: 5 SRM|
|BU:SG: 0.48||BV: 1.01|
Other Brewing pages:
|List of recipes||Equipment||Books||Brewery Research|