OldTools Archive

Recent Search Bios FAQ

262180 Kirk Eppler <eppler.kirk@g...> 2017‑04‑18 Re: Question about what to call a screwdriver type
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 7:18 AM, Bob  wrote:

> Something I have been wondering about.  What is the correct name for the
> type of screwdriver that uses a split collet to hold a screwdriver shaft
> that has wings to prevent it from turning?

I have a 1965 Hardware distributor catalog (Baker & Hamilton, of Stiletto
fame) which referred to it as"
Sets Seven in One
8 piece combination tool set in a pilfer proof plastic roll kit. Set
consists of one each of the following:
Point #2 Recessed Blade
Tack Puller
Mechanic 1/4 inch blade
Electrician 3/16" blade
Cabinet 1/8: blad
Scratch Awl Blade
Wood chisel 1/2" cut
Unbreakable (yeah right) amber handle with heavy aluminum chuck

$1.40 / set

So basically they didn't give it a real name.

Similar for a 4-in-1 set, " sure grip plastic handle, aluminum chuck" and a
6 piece hammer set, "Sure-Grip plastic handle, strong chuck"..... Both by

Kirk Eppler in Half Moon Bay, CA, coming up for air between document

Recent Search Bios FAQ